The promotion of the competitiveness of businesses in the domestic market and external markets are pre-conditions for fostering growth and ensure the diversification of the economy, reduce the deficit of the trade balance, broaden the tax base, increase the availability of foreign currency, faci- litating the integration in international and regional markets with positive repercussions on economic growth, creation of jobs and reduction of poverty.
It is fundamental that Angola be able to produce in a more diversified way in order to minimize resource dependence. The diversification of the national economy will encourage the policy of replacing imported products and the promotion of exports, contributing to a reduction in the trade balance deficit and the need for foreign currency.
The Angolan National Policy for the promotion of national production, import substitution and diversification of exports has as priorities:
- Improve the exploitation of natural resources – agriculture, livestock, forestry, fishe- ries, aquaculture and the salt,the geological activities-mining, petroleum, and natural gas.
- Promote the development of the productive ranks, seeking to add value to national products by processing of natural resources.
- Foster exports, through a better knowledge of the markets and of the conditions of access to and dissemination of this information along
the business community in Angola, as well as the promotion of the image of Angola and of their products abroad;
- Promote the creation of 500,000 jobs in various sectors of economic activity.
The Executive, recognizing that the promotion and diversification of exports are vital to the development of the economy
and employment national, has selected the productions and ranks which should be given priority :
- Coffee (considering the need immediately begin to make investments in replacement of seedlings and the extension of existing ones);
- Vegetables and tubers (cassava, potatoes);
- Legumes and Oilseeds
- Honey Palmares;
- Fishery products (fish, shellfish and crustaceans) and derivatives (fishmeal and fish oil);
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages Iron ore
- Wood; ornamental;
- Natural sands;
- Textiles (in the medium-term perspective with the development of cotton production and the gradual development of trimmings and other inputs);
- Cement and Other Construction Materials;
- Iodized salt;
- Services and Telecommunications;
The main export markets of the destination of Angola are Singapore, Israel, India, South Korea, France, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Belgium, Republic of Congo, United States of America, United States, United King- dom, United States, United Arab Emirates, China and Hong Kong.